http://ace5studios.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/hexCap.gif 305 369 aleksey http://ace5studios.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Logo-Large.png aleksey2015-10-12 18:48:312015-11-03 16:22:529 Modelling tips in Cinema 4D
These are some modelling tips that where being discussed on the mograph chat. I decided there should be a little summary of them. thanks to Brasco for clarifying some of them.
- use the ‘.’ ( the full stop button). click and drag while holding to wheight edges of a SubD surface
- hold ctrl while in slide edge tool to make loop
- Weld Tool (M,Q) Hold Ctrl with no points selected to weld. Or use Stitch and sew tool for same effect.
- Dissolve – Melt Difference
- ctrl+shift click to select polygon paths
- u,l loops selection, u,f fill selection
- split command, then hit delete to have 2 separate objects
- top of shape with hex object
- python script to import c4d objects from your drive. So you can for example have a c4d file with 4 or 5 of those hex discs, and you can import them all with a button to any scene. and then pick the right one.
def main(): fn = 'X:\[Asset library]\Model library\Modeling Toolkit\Base Geometry\Hexahedral_Discs.c4d' c4d.documents.MergeDocument(doc, fn, c4d.SCENEFILTER_OBJECTS | c4d.SCENEFILTER_MATERIALS | c4d. SCENEFILTER_DIALOGSALLOWED | c4d.SCENEFILTER_MERGESCENE) c4d.EventAdd()
Tell me if i missed anything you love to use =)